The children at the shelter are getting ready to go Back to School! So we need school supplies. If you can help, please drop your items off at the shelter or call Kim S. at 320-253-6900.
Many thanks to our community for helping us get our kids ready for school!
Here is the complete list of our needs:
- Backpacks (no wheels)
- Markers (broad line)
- Highlighters (mostly yellow)
- Pink erasers
- Pencil top erasers
- Colored pencils
- Pencil cases
- Pencil pouches
- Notebooks (wide ruled)
- 3 Ring binders
- White liquid glue
- Pencils (number 2)
- Post it notes
- Graph paper
- Pencil sharpeners (with top/cover)
- Scotch Tape
- Colored tab subject dividers
- Dry erase markers (mostly black)
- Clear page protectors
- Black sharpie markers
- Loose leaf paper
- Index cards
- Black pens
- Red Pens
Other items listed that the school ask for that would be nice to provide:
- White copy paper
- Ear buds
- Disinfecting wipes
- Gallon size ziplock bags
- Sandwich size ziplock bags
- Scientific calculator (TI 30XIIS)
- Jump drive
- Vinyl accordion folder
Anna Marie’s Alliance
Why we cannot accept all in-kind donations…
We are so grateful for all the in-kind donations we receive from our community. You have been and continue to be a source of support for Anna Marie’s Alliance. Let’s be honest, some days are difficult for us, your shining faces at our door really helps!
Sometimes we have to say no to your donations, trust us, it hurts to say no to any item. But here is why sometimes we must:
- Sometimes we do not have room for all your items. We move as much as we can out of storage and into the hands of our residents. If we really get swamped we share items with other charities in our community. But our space is limited and sometimes we are simply full. Call us before you drop off a car load of stuff, we don’t mind! If we are full, we can tell you where to take your donation. Call Kim S. at 320-253-6900 or email KimS@annamaries.org.
- There are some things we cannot take. Safety is our number one priority. Things that have been used cannot be given to residents because it is not safe. Used car seats, cribs, breast pumps or bike helmets are things that cannot be reused. If you give them to us, we have to throw them away and we hate to throw anything away!
- Everyone likes new or gently used things. We have the greatest respect for the women and children in the shelter and we do not want to give our residents damaged or torn clothing (or used underwear—yes, this has been donated) or used cosmetics. If you have any questions, call Kim S. at 320-253-6900. She will help you.
The list of things we need and take is much longer than the list of things we cannot take for our residents.
You can find out what we need on our web site: www.annamaries.org. There is a NEEDED ITEMS page on the web site and there is a section on the front page of URGENTLY NEEDED items. If we are in desperate need of something, we will ask for it on Facebook. Friend us! https://www.facebook.com/Anna-Maries-Alliance-177358837579/?ref=ts
Please accept our heartfelt thanks for every item you have donated. There is nothing like a donor who stands at our door excited to share things that will make our residents lives easier.
No doubt about it, our community is the best. J
Anna Marie's Alliance is fortunate to have the support of our community.
If you would like to hold a fundraising event for Anna Marie's Alliance or any of our programs, contact Sandy Nadeau at email@example.com.
October 22, 2016
Craft Expo at Bubba's in Sauk Rapids
November 5, 2016
Craft Sale at the St. Cloud VFW
What is it?
Dating violence can be described as a pattern of behaviors in a relationship used to gain power and control over their current or former dating partner. Statistically women are more likely to be abused by their male partners, but people of all genders and orientations can be victims of abuse. Abusive relationships happen at the same rate in same sex relationships as in straight relationships. There is no “typical” victim or “typical” abuser.
Read more: Dating Violence Awareness
We need Size 12 Shoes for a teen-age boy! New would be wonderful!!!
We urgently need toilet paper at the shelter...thanks for helping us!
We also need laundry soap and tall kitchen garbage bags!
Adult Fleece Blankets--we are out of them!
Women's Jeans Size 16
VOLUNTEER NEEDS: Many hands make light work!
Anna Marie's Shelter is in need of volunteers to work with donations! Donations need to be sorted, organized, and labeled. Help!!
Please contact Kim S (KimS@annamaries.org) for more information. Many thanks to our fabulous volunteers!
CHILDREN'S PROGRAMS NEED: Back to School Celebration!
We are planning a Back to School Celebration for the children at the shelter. Donations will be used for fun activities.
Nurse Lori is looking for Children's Tylenol.
If you can help, please call 320-253-6900.